Digital Marketing Services
There are a lot of buzz-words thrown around when people discuss marketing on the internet. Some of the phrases are used interchangeably. Some of these refer to specific services within the broader-scope of online marketing. As a provider of internet marketing services in Charlotte, NC, Reliable Acorn wants you to know exactly what you’re getting.
What is Digital Marketing?
Also known as internet marketing or online marketing, digital marketing is made up of two different areas.
- Web Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
Internet marketing covers both web marketing and mobile marketing, as well as when websites are accessed through mobile devices.
The Different Digital Marketing Services
There are several marketing services that are used within the scope of internet marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Is SEO right for your business?
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC) Is PPC right for your business?
- SEM What’s the difference between SEM, SEO, and PPC?
- Display Advertising
- Email Marketing Is email marketing right for your business?
- Social Media Marketing Is Social Media right for your business?
So What Is “Content Marketing?”
Content Marketing is not so much a method of marketing but a strategy that might include certain methods and even extend outside of what you might normally think of internet marketing.
What’s the Connection Between Different Digital Marketing Services?
There is a lot of overlap between internet marketing services. Interesting things happen in these overlaps.
- SEO and PPC are two distinct methods of marketing but they can be summarized by the inclusive name of SEM marketing. An SEM campaign can give your business several advantages that an SEO or PPC campaign alone cannot offer.
- Recently Google started allowing PPC users to advertise to Gmail users. This is one way PPC overlaps with email marketing.
- There is a special type of PPC marketing, called “remarketing” or “retargeting”, that overlaps with display marketing. Unlike display marketing, which typically charges on an impression-basis, remarketing campaigns only charge you when someone clicks your ad.
- Social media marketing overlaps with several forms of marketing
- Some social networks allow businesses to market to their users on a cost-per-impression basis, which more resembles display marketing.
- More and more social networks allow businesses to advertise on a pay-per-click model which resembles a PPC campaign. This is also called “paid social” campaigns.
- Social media marketing overlaps SEO in several ways. For one, a SEO campaign can use social networks to promote its content and find new link building opportunities. Second, social and search overlap when it comes to a reputation management problem. Thirdly, some claim that some social networks can improve a business’ SEO results.
- Several marketing methods can have effects even outside of internet marketing (as seen by those that extend outside of both web and mobile marketing.
- Emails can be printed and passed around an office manually. This is how your business can reach C-level employees.
- Many conventional advertising campaigns (from television to billboards to the Yellow Pages) charge on a cost-per-impression basis making them resemble a non-internet, display marketing campaign.
- Content marketing campaigns can influence decision makers outside the reach of the internet.
Can these digital marketing services help grow your business? Contact Reliable Acorn, in lovely Charlotte, NC, today and see.