The backbone of every effective internet marketing campaign is web analytics.
- If you can’t see how effective your marketing campaigns are, how do you know if they are effective or not?
- If you can see exactly which campaigns are effective, you can get more out of them.
- If you can see a marketing campaign is ineffective, you can apply that money to a more effective campaign.
This is why Reliable Acorn provides analytics consulting services. for clients in Charlotte (or all-over the world).
How to get started with web analytics?
Every marketing campaign- whether SEO, PPC, social media, email marketing or a combination of these efforts– starts with analytics consulting. It’s so important to accurately measure your marketing efforts that the first month of any Reliable Acorn internet marketing campaign starts with analytics consulting.
Although our analytics consulting services are not limited to Google Analytics, they provide a very helpful diagram to explain how to setup an effective web analytics program.
Click the image to watch Google’s video on setting up your analytics goals.
This web analytics plan can be summarized in 5 steps:
- Determine what you want to measure.
- Figure out what technical changes you’ll need to make to measure it.
- Create a plan and then…
- Implement your analytics plan.
- Finally, maintain your analytics and continue to improve on it.
You’ll find, as this graphic suggests, web analytics is a cyclical process. An effective analytics plan needs updates and revisions. This is especially true as a campaign gets more successful. You’ll want to revise your measurement goals to get even more out of your campaigns.
If you want to read more about setting up your analytics plan, Avinash Kaushik has a great article summarizing the analytics setup process. If you need help setting this up, contact Reliable Acorn for web analytics consulting.
Overcoming common web analytics issues
Here are some analytics problems that Reliable Acorn has helped clients overcome:
- While marketing automation software (like Marketo, Pardot or Hubspot) can help you get more out of your marketing efforts, they don’t often show you how those people came to your site in the first place. Reliable Acorn has helped clients make the connection between the source of leads and the final quality of leads.
- By default, Google Analytics tracks visitors by last (non-direct) clicks. Kiss Metrics focuses on user interaction. Can these numbers be reconciled? Reliable Acorn has guided clients through this confusing set of data, so they can make an informed decision.
- Leads are the goal of most B2B marketing efforts. Effective campaigns bring more leads- but are they quality leads. Reliable Acorn has helped clients use lead quality systems, such as WhatConverts, to make sure they don’t base their marketing decisions on quantity of the leads alone.
- Clients with apps or services can sometimes have a hard time distinguishing returning customers from new prospective clients. Reliable Acorn has helped companies setup segments to distinguish these visitors- so they don’t make marketing decisions based on data that’s been inflated by current customers.
- Are you getting strange data in your analytics, that doesn’t seem to make sense? Reliable Acorn has helped several clients diagnose attribution errors so they can clean-up their data, in order to make informed marketing decisions.
Do you need help with issues like this? Contact Reliable Acorn for analytics consulting help, today.