Small Business Web Marketing: The Sapling Plan
For a while now, I’ve been disappointed in what’s available for web marketing for the small business around Charlotte. There are many companies out there who are only interested in making money from your business, and not in helping your business grow.
This is why I’ve developed the Sapling Plan for small business web marketing.
I’ll be completely transparent here: my goal here is to grow your business so you need more of my services. I want to up-sell you. To do that, I need to show you the value of web marketing and prove that you can make money, if you spend more money with me.
I only take a limited number of Sapling Plan clients.
Right now, I have space for 2 Sapling clients.
Who is this for?
- Small business owners who don’t have time to manage their own web marketing efforts.
- Businesses looking for new customers or sales leads rather than selling products online.
- Businesses who already have their own WordPress website and own developer to manage/maintain their website.
- Businesses with only one location. Could be in Charlotte, NC- but not necessarily.
- Businesses that are willing to commit to at least a three month trial.
- Companies looking to make a long-term investment in their website.
How much does this cost?
The Sapling plan will cost your business $800 a month.
The most important requirement, to be in the Sapling program is that you can make more than what you pay us each month. If your business does not generate that kind of revenue, this isn’t the plan for you.
Still think this is expensive. Be careful about cheap SEO programs– you might get what you pay for with them.
Willing to save money by doing the work yourself, you might want the Greenthumb plan.
What you get for this?
- Gradually improving traffic and customers from organic search (Google, Bing, etc).
- A listing on some of the most important business websites.
- New content for your website, each month.
- A monthly report of your results.
- An internet marketing expert who watches for trends and new opportunities.
- Support in managing your business’ reputation and reviews.
- You own all web assets that we develop on your behalf.
- Quarterly Opportunity Audit (and meeting).
What the Sapling Plan looks like:
Every Sapling will work through the following process…
- Your involvement is required in the first month. After this, we can take it from there. What we’ll need from you:
- Some technical setup for Google Tag Manager- to help us track visitors to your site from Google Analytics. We’ll walk you through this.
- Tell us about your business and your industry. We’re especially interested in learning how things change for your customers throughout the year. We’ll ask you to fill-out a couple worksheets to help us understand those customers. This will help us reach them more effectively.
- With the information you give us, we’ll begin to setup your campaign.
- We’ll try to understand how your potential customers might be looking for you. This is commonly called, “keyword research”. It helps us speak your customers’ language, so we can reach them.
- We will start to measure our efforts, so we know it’s working and identify further opportunities.
- Setup your local presence. Nearby customers are the easiest to get- let’s make sure they can find you! We use Yext to promote your business’ local presence.
- Begin writing content for your site. If we have pages and articles on your site that talk about things your customers are looking for, we can get more traffic from the search engines from those potential customers.
- Begin to promote your website on other sites. The search engines grade websites by what other websites say about yours. This is why we want to promote your business on other websites, too.
- Continue to write content for your site. More content leads to more opportunities to be found by your customers.
- Continue to promote your website on other sites. These will help build your website’s credibility as well as help people find your website easier.
- Quarterly campaign review. How are things going? Do you want to continue? Where are other opportunities to grow your business?
Month 4 (and on):
- Help you get reviews from your already happy customers.
- Continue to write content for your site.
- Continue to promote your website on other sites.
- Quarterly campaign reviews.
As I mentioned, my goal is to build you into a full-fledged, custom campaign. At some point during our campaign, I might recommend you start one of these additional projects. These are not included in the Sapling Plan. Of course, with extra fees, we can begin with one of these additional services at any time:
The costs of these additional services varies. Please ask, if you are interested.