There are several third-party services that provide metrics you can use to measure the value of a web page. Which one you choose depends on what you’re trying to accomplish.
|Moz Domain Authority|
|Domain and Page||N/A||MozRank, MozTrust
Majestic Citation Flow, Majestic Trust Flow
|Page||N/A||Moz Page Authority|
Traffic estimates are good for:
- PR campaigns- the more traffic, the more people will see your campaign.
- Influencer marketing- the more traffic, the more value your influencer can send you.
- Sponsored content- since Google requires you to nofollow any links from sponsored content, links from sponsored content shouldn’t send link quality. That means, the most value you can get from sponsored content is traffic. The more traffic a sponsored content could send, the more value you can get from these pieces.
- Social media marketing– the more people (traffic) participating in a social network, the more potential a social network has to help promote your business or content. The same is true for local listings.
- Display advertising or banner ads- if you’re promoting your company through banner ads, you want more people to see those ads. The traffic to a site allows you to see if people will see those ads.
Why are third-party traffic measurement totals limited by domain? Because it’s hard to predict how much traffic any particular page might receive on which your PR piece or ad might appear.
Web analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) can tell you how much traffic a particular page is getting. That’s not what these tools (above) provide. These measure pages from the outside, using these third party tools. That means any traffic metrics are estimated based upon sample sites. Since these are estimates, you should use these metrics to compare websites against each other- rather than as an expectation for how much traffic you might actually get, from these sites.
Quality estimates are good for:
- Link building for better SEO
- Content marketing- if people are linking to a website, it’s an authority. If you want to do content marketing on a site- see if other sites consider it an authority.
Of course, quality websites tend to get a lot of traffic but these tools are measuring quality regardless of traffic. If you think about it: you could rank in the search engines for something nobody is searching for- this is quality without traffic.