MozRank represents a web link popularity score and the importance of any given web page or website on the Internet.
How is MozRank calculated?
MozRank is calculated in an exponential scale between 0 and 10 where “0” is lower boundary and “10” is the upper one. Pages earn MozRank by the number and quality of other pages that link to them. The higher the quantity and quality of the incoming links, the higher the MozRank.
How can you use MozRank?
Since MozRank is a function of links to a page (or website), this is most useful when building links to your website, as part of an SEO campaign. For example, let’s say you are trying to decide whether you should build a link from awebsite.com or anotherwebsite.com. If awebsite.com has a MozRank of 4.3 but anotherwebsite.com has a MozRank of 2.3, you know a link from awebsite.com is better for your SEO efforts.
How you should NOT use MozRank
MozRank doesn’t mean much in-and-of itself. That means you shouldn’t aim at trying to increase the MozRank of your website. Just because you website (or a web page, for that matter) has an improved MozRank doesn’t mean you’re getting more visitors. Perhaps more importantly, it doesn’t mean those visitors are becoming new customers. You could spend a lot of time and money improving your MozRank, but not getting any more business.
It’s better to use MozRank to compare websites. Of course, MozRank only measures one aspect of a link’s value. You should also consider MozTrust. In fact, if you use Moz’s Domain (or Page) Authority, they’ve combined Trust and Rank into each of these metrics.
How does MozRank compare with other Moz web metrics?
- How is MozRank different from MozTrust?
- How is MozRank different from Moz Page Authority?
- How is MozRank different from Moz Domain Authority?
How does MozRank compare with other web metrics?
- How is MozRank different from Google PageRank?
- How is MozRank different from Alexa Rank?
- How is MozRank different from Compete Rank?
- How is MozRank different from Quantcast Measure?
- How is MozRank different from Majestic Citation Flow?
- How is MozRank different from Majestic Trust Flow?
- How is MozRank different from Ahrefs URL Rank?
- How is MozRank different from Ahrefs Domain Rank?